Friday, May 8, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

At the end of last year Shannon and I decided to surprise Dawn by visiting Rhode Island. We were successful!! Shannon, Becca, Cam, and I flew. Bobby, Britt, Brennan, and Bree drove. We all arrived in Rhode Island on Thursday afternoon and spent 5 days with
Dawn, Jeff, and the girls.

Thursday- We flew from Chicago to Providence.





Cameron loved the flight and was very good on the plane. We chose to surprise Dawn at the PawSox game in Pawtucket, RI. She was extremely surprised!


After visiting and having dinner everyone headed home for some sleep so that we could get up early and go to New York City!

Friday- New York City



Central Park







Time Square

Riding the Subway

We got to walk through Central Park, play the giant piano in FAO Schwartz, see rockefellar center, Times Square, ride the subway, and experience New York City. It was insane but an awesome experience.



Saturday- We went to Newport, RI.











After Newport we headed home to get ready to go out for adult dinner and outing!




We ended up going to the Elk's club where Paul(Jeff's brother) is a member. At first we weren't real sure but we ended up having a great time. Unfortunately I was having too much fun and don't have any pictures from the Elk's club!

Sunday- Although I didn't want to leave the hotel I did finally manage to get moving. We headed for the outlet mall in Massachusetts.





Sunday evening we went to Oakland Beach to have dinner at Iggy's. The weather was cool and rainy almost the entire time we were in Rhode Island but Sunday was the worst. I was determined to walk out on the rocks anyway...





After Iggy's we decided to relax by the hotel pool...





Monday- Providence Place Mall, the Harley store, and just hanging out.


Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory





Providence

This is just a glimpse into the amazing time that we had on vacation!
Hopefully it wasn't too long!!!







2 comments:

A Full House said...

What fun!! Looks like you all had a good time. Who does the little girl belong to? I can't believe how grown up Dawns girls are.
Thanks for sharing the picts!

D J Levesque said...

Dee that was great you are so a pro at this now..lol see you soon