Last September we went to a new schedule at work of 3 on/3 off. This happened at the same time as Cameron starting school. I decided that with all of my new found free time I would volunteer in Cameron's kindergarten class. I helped 1-2 hours each 3 off rotation. There were lots of benefits to the idea. A few of them being:
- I had something to do.
- Cameron would do better if he knew that I was involved and knew what was going on.
- The school would get $250.00 from WalMart for me volunteering my time.
My last day volunteering was for the field trip to the Coralville Children's Museum. I was in charge of 5 of the kids from Cameron's class. They had to spend the whole day in this group. Unfortunately within the first 5 minutes of being set free in the museum I had lost 1 of my boys. If you don't think I was absolutely freaking out you are wrong. I found him once and told him he had to stay with us. Yeah...that didn't work!! The second time I lost him I had to call in reinforcement from one of the other Kindergarten teachers. Yes we found him but needless to say I have a whole lot more respect for kindergarten teachers than I did 9 months ago!!
We had an awesome time exploring the Children's Museum.
After the Children's Museum we stopped at a great park to burn off some energy. Even though summer has started I still get to hear lots of kids say there's Cameron's mom!


No comments:
Post a Comment